Monday, January 16, 2012

Chicken Skewers, Turkey Bacon, Spinach with Lemon Juice, Grilled Zucchini

Dinner tonight was an A, A+, A, and a B-.  The B- is the spinach - too much lemon juice!  I was going to cook up the rest of my spinach, but realized at the last minute that it would be good to have some for a scramble in the morning and I held out some spinach, but should have reduced the lemon juice already added to the pan.  It was still edible (and pretty) - just too lemony.

The turkey bacon was great - loved it grilled.  Grilled zucchini is always good.  The chicken skewers were amazing.  I picked them up at Whole Foods, already skewered, and in a chili garlic marinade.  They had a little heat on them, which tasted great.  They were labeled as "great for satay" which I think would involve peanut sauce, which would have been a great combination and I'd love to try it some day.  They were great on their own too though.

Sophie got the last of the rotisserie chicken and some more green beans and banana.  She was completely not into the banana tonight - no idea what that was about.  She had a little of the spinach too, but I think she also found it to be too lemony.


No comments:

Post a Comment