Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Meals: 29 October - 5 November

Meal plan!  I am growing to love this time to sit down and review what we ate recently and figure out what we want to have in the next few days.  Plan to Eat has a great queue feature, so if I add a recipe and I know that it's something I want to try soon I can queue it and then when I open that week to plan it out, the queue reminds me of what I've been wanting to make lately.

Saturday
We went to Hawai'i on vacation this time last year and I think we are all wishing we'd booked another trip.   Instead, we are going to have a little luau at our house and it will be a mid-afternoon meal, so for dinner we will either have leftovers or for those of us who already had enough of the kalua pig, I'm making Caramelized Onion Tarts with Apples (new recipe!)

Sunday
Scramble - nice and simple, which is often what we need during this last evening of family weekend time before we head back into our work week.  This meal will often get subbed for a pizza delivery or a special dinner out, so I'm purposely planning something flexible.

Monday
Apple and Pork Stir-Fry - this is one of my favorite fall meals.  We used to serve it over rice, but now I just use a LOT of bell pepper so that it fills the bowl.  I bought some fresh ginger in a tube (I've always used powdered before) and I'm curious to see if we can taste a difference.

Tuesday
Chicken Caesar Salad

Wednesday
community group - I'm not sure yet what is on the menu

Thursday
Low-Carb Zucchini Lasagna - This uses zucchini slices (lengthwise) instead of lasagna noodles.  We had it once before, and liked it, but I have a couple of tweaks in mind that I think will make it even better.

Friday
Chicken Tricolore (new recipe!)

Saturday
Spinach Feta Salad

I'm happy to answer any questions about the meals or the recipes.  This last week was great and we mostly stuck to the plan and I've enjoyed posting pictures of the dinners as I finish them.  The meals are still coming to mind easily, like I have genius inspiration, but I'm sure the idea wheel will slow down at any time.  Feel free to leave meal ideas in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment