Monday, October 24, 2011

Chicken Sausage with Veggies

Dinner ended up being pretty late last night.  We went to family swim and that always makes us tired and hungry, so Sophie was ready to go straight to bed when we got home, which delayed dinner prep.  Tim and I stopped and grabbed a Muchas Gracias snack on the way home to tide us over before dinner.  I could seriously eat there every day. Tim even shared a little bit of his cheese quesadilla with me.  Ahh, true love <3.

Our chicken sausage with veggies ended up being worth the wait.  I don't always balance sausage warming with veggie cooking very well, but this time everything went together in a great blend.  It tasted wonderful.

I've started buying mini bell peppers from Costco - they are easy to prepare and they portion out well for a whole pepper per person in omelets.  For this veggie dinner I used mini peppers for the two of us.  This photo isn't doing the color of the pepper justice.  They are beautiful!


The finished dinner.  It was delicious.  Tim suggested adding spinach, which ended up adding a great bass flavor to the kick of the sausages, peppers, and onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment