Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Meals: 29 November-3 December

The most wonderful, busy, crazy, fun time of the year is here!  We had company the week of Thanksgiving and it was lovely.  I decided to brave a week without a plan and it went smoothly.  I had stocked up on salad ingredients and chicken sausages and peppers and that plus the classic turkey dinner on Thursday got us through the week with no problems.

Reality is setting back in and I spent way too much time yesterday trying to come up with a dinner.  I don't like that!  This week is also really busy so I have a few (lots) of meals out planned.  It feels good just to get it down in a plan though, no matter what we are having.

Tuesday
Minestrone with Turkey Kielbasa - it's definitely soup weather and this is one of Tim's favorites.  It's also quick and easy, which is important since I have a training appointment at the gym.

Wednesday
Subway Sandwiches - with all this fancy holiday food to overindulge in I think we are both ready for something more simple.  We've been avoiding sandwiches lately because of all the bread, but I think this is the perfect time to splurge on some subs.  I might try to swing Big Town Hero instead of Subway because I completely adore their bread.

Thursday
We will almost certainly be eating out and I'm hoping for McMenamins.  We'll see what I can work into the schedule.

Friday
Caesar Salad Wraps

Saturday
Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese - more soup for this delightfully chilly weather we've been having.  I'm going to see if I can pick up some Grand Central Ciabatta and make some extra special grilled cheese sandwiches.  We'll see what I can do!

Feel free to leave me a comment with your meal plan.  I hope yours is looking a little more put together than mine is this week.  How do you build your menu post-holiday decadence?  Do you go cold turkey on the junk food? (tee hee) Or do you favor a gradual transition back to the balanced life?  Did you manage to enjoy the holidays without going completely crazy on food?  If so, high-five - and maybe next year I'll join you!  (Notice I didn't even attempt to say that I would join you for Christmas - ha!)  It really wasn't all that bad.  I'm mostly just overly busy this week and I needed to get something simple in place so that we would at least have a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment