Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Slow-Cooker Chipotle Beef Tacos with Cabbage and Radish Slaw

Guest photographer: Tim

This meal was delicious!  I cooked it up on Monday.  The original recipe is from Real Simple.  I will definitely put it back in the queue for a month or two out.  I have never cooked with canned chipotle peppers like this before and I wasn't paying attention and I bought them whole instead of chopped as directed.  I mostly just used some of the sauce from the can and a little bit of one of the peppers - it had quite a bite to it, but I liked it.

I used bok choy for the slaw instead of cabbage (Tim isn't crazy about cabbage), and the flavor worked out well.  The original recipe is meat and slaw in tortillas, but I served the meat over a bed of slaw instead.  It was great.


No comments:

Post a Comment