Monday, April 9, 2012

Meals: 9-15 April

Meal planning lately has been very last minute, which has kind of a fun, go with the moment feeling - but I'm ready for more stability.  Normally I prefer to plan the Wednesday before, but today will work.  We're finishing the plan and then Sophie and I are headed to the grocery store!

Monday
I was planning to do hamburger patties, but Tim called and suggested we go out for Indian food.  I'm all for that!!

Tuesday
Paleo Chilaquiles - new recipe!  I pulled this down from Paleo Effect and we are going to pair it with their Paleo Tostones.  Aunt Steph and I are still cooking "together" on Tuesdays (we make the same meal the same night - even though she is in MN and I am in OR) so I'm looking forward to comparing notes with her on how this comes out.

Wednesday
Our hockey team is in the playoffs and Community Group meets on Wednesdays, so we are either doing something quick and easy while we watch the game, or quick and easy to take to Community Group.

Thursday
Rosemary Chicken on Salad - we had this for dinner last night and I might even have it for lunch today.  It's super simple: romaine lettuce, dried cranberries, maybe some feta, bell pepper, Annie's Shitake Sesame dressing - all topped with chicken cooked in lemon juice and rosemary.  So good.

Friday
Crock Peppered Beef - new recipe! I got this from one of the people sharing recipes through Plan to Eat.  I think I'll do steamed sweet potatoes with butter and cinnamon on the side.  And maybe some broccoli too.

Saturday
Bacon-Feta stuffed Chicken, side of Stuffed Zucchini Boats - we have a busy morning/afternoon on Saturday, but I'm hoping to make it back in time to put all of this together.

Sunday
Chicken Sausage with Onions, Peppers, paired with Spiced Butternut Squash and Apple Soup - new recipe!) - this is SUCH a fall recipe, but I'm going to hope the weather holds for one last comfort-food fall meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment