Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Meals: 29 April-5 May

I can tell that I've been having too much sugar lately, because I am craving it ALL the time.  I wake up and my first thought is, "What can I munch?"  I think some of this might come from the leftover cake pops from baby Sophie's first birthday.  They were the best cake I've ever had in my whole life!!  We are down to just a couple remaining leftovers and I will be sad to see them go, but I put together a solid meal plan for next week to help distract me.  It has just enough sugar in it to let me down easily.

Sunday
Mongolian Grill - we were planning to do this last week and it's been stuck in my brain ever since.  We have a lot of work planned for Sunday, so I'm sure I'll want a break by dinner time.

Monday
chicken caesar salad - love the standbys

Tuesday
Gussied up Viking Hash from Best Paleo Recipes.  Aunt Steph is making it too.  We'll see if I can stick to the meal plan and actually co-cook this week!  I'm planning to cut up some apples and steam some zucchini spears to go with the hash.  I might pick up rice pudding for dessert.  Just a tiny bit of sugar :)

Wednesday
Community Group - I'm not sure yet what the theme will be, but I'm looking forward to seeing our group.  It's been a long time!

Thursday
hamburger patty, stuffed zucchini boats

Friday
Crock Pot Chicken Curry with Peppers and Cabbage from PaleoPot.

Saturday
lemon rosemary chicken on a salad (bell peppers, cucumbers, carrots, probably romaine lettuce) and probably some of the crispy onion salad topping.  I am crazy for that stuff right now.

At this point I've planned to make a caramelized onion tart with apples for a snack/lunch on Saturday.  We'll see if I talk my self out of it before then since I'm pretty sure puff pastry is not the best idea.  But if the weather is the pleasant, gray, chilly battle of Winter hoping to hold Spring off forever that today is - I am making an apple onion tart!  End of story!!

No comments:

Post a Comment